About the Role
Nanny needed for 3-year-old girl and 3-month-old boy near Sherbourne Station in Toronto.
Do you want a nanny job where you have a close relationship with the parents as well as the children? In this role, you will work alongside a stay-at-home mother as a “mother’s helper”. You will be the primary caregiver for the children during your shifts. This family is very intentional about creating a positive working environment for their nanny, and is looking for someone who is a good personality fit. They ideally want to have someone so integrated in their day that you feel as if you’re part of the family.
This role is great for someone who is confident, attentive, meticulous, and a self-starter.
Permanent Full-time. 40-45 hours per week.
Mondays to Fridays, 12PM – 9PM. Note that these hours are slightly flexible for the right candidate, but schedule must include weekday evenings.
Home is located a
3-minute walk from Sherbourne Station in Toronto (Sherbourne & Bloor).
This role offers a competitive
compensation package that will be commensurate with the successful applicant’s experience.
- Provide care for a 3-year-old girl and 3-month-old boy alongside the mother
- Engage the children in developmentally-appropriate educational play
- Change and feed the baby as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the children
- Prep meals for the children
- Wash, dry and fold children’s laundry
- Make children’s beds
- Tidy up toys and activities
- General light
household chores around the house as schedule allows
**Note that there is a housekeeper present as well, and the nanny’s primary focus is on the children. However, the nanny would be expected to maintain a clean environment, and provide additional light cleaning support as schedule allows.
- Possibility of picking up the girl from pre-school during the day (no driving required)
The ideal nanny
- Is very comfortable with and has experience working with infants
- Has experience working closely alongside parents in a nanny role
- Takes initiative and has a “can-do” attitude
- Enjoys singing, dancing, reading, and going to the park
- Has a strong ability to create opportunities for and engage children in developmentally- appropriate educational play
- Is a self-starter and can proactively assess what needs to be done without the parents having to ask
- Has a strong focus on the children’s safety
- Is exceptionally clean
– follows proper food handling protocols, encourages children to follow good
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children. *Infant experience required*
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (or willing to get certifications prior to start of the role)
- Cleared Vulnerable Sector check (or willing to get one prior to start of the role)
- At least 3 VERY solid
If you really want to wow us
- Early Childhood Educator (ECE or other similar post-secondary education
- Fluency in at least one of the following languages: Mandarin, Hindi, French or Spanish
- Experience working in multicultural environments and embracing diversity
- Willingness to
accompany the family for occasional international travel
Your next steps
Apply with your cover letter and resume
If you’re among the best, you’ll get a call from us