About the Role
Nanny needed for 10-year-old girl in King City for the month of June (near Highways 53 & 26 outside of Newmarket).
During the day, the grandmother and daughter will be present. The mother will also be present, but will be in a home office working throughout the day.
The girl likes to remain mentally stimulated and really enjoys creative activities such as making crafts and playing piano. The family is visiting from out of town, and this role is in part a way to provide companionship for the daughter during this time. This position is best suited for someone who is naturally warm and gentle, and someone who can bring a sense of fun while maintaining a calm environment.
Temporary: June 4th – 29th
Mondays to Fridays, 9AM – 5PM
Home is located just north of King City. It is about 15 minutes southwest of downtown Newmarket, and just 10 minutes east of Aurora.
This role pays a competitive wage of $18 – $20 per hour
- Provide companionship and plan activities for daughter
- Facilitate an active (but not regimented) schedule, much like one would find at a summer camp
- Help daughter with learning to swim
- Activities during the day would include: crafts, visits to the park, splash pad, picnics, piano lessons
- Some light child-related chores include making beds, preparing meals, doing laundry and tidying up
- Other light household chores will include meal preparation, family dishes, vacuuming / sweeping, and other light housework as requested.
The ideal nanny
- Nanny is fun, crafty and has an emphasis on creative play
- Physically active and able to maintain a steady but fluid schedule
- Able to support with swimming lessons
- Gentle: able to maintain a fun environment without being boisterous or excessively loud
- At least 2 years’ experience working with children
- Certified in First Aid and CPR (or willing to get certifications prior to start of the role)
- Cleared Vulnerable Sector check (or willing to get one prior to start of the role)
- At least 3 VERY solid references
If you really want to wow us
- Early Childhood Educator (ECE or other similar post-secondary education)
- Certified as a lifeguard
- Has ability to play and teach the piano
Your next steps
- Apply with your cover letter and resume
- If you’re among the best, you’ll get a call from us
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour